Education, globally, over the century has witnessed unprecedented transformation particularly in Nigerian educational system. This has evolved through the combined efforts of the government and the private sector, creating the kind of metamorphosis that is needed in our present time.
In view of this, Taadel, as a school with deliberate educational goals, has decided to raise the bar and benchmark her practice with not only scholastic competence but also entrenching functional education. Hence the urgent need for us to provide Taadel Education.
This is a construct with philosophical leaning, transcending immediate educational goals/aims, but infusing other areas of core competences. These are as summarised in Taadel Education’s 3S’s of functionality:
- Self-Functioning: ability to be useful to oneself.
- School Functioning: accessing learning and taking responsibility for one’s learning.
- Service Functioning: ability to engage in volunteer services and show empathy.
Speaking & Listening Drills
Reading & Writing Skills
The Children learn to read & write after learning to speak and listen actively
Rich Language Activities for vocabulary
Teacher Modelling for Understanding
Spoken Language Activities
Written Language Activities
Identify Sounds in Spoken
The following is done before admission is offered
- Test in Literacy, Numeracy and Reading appropriate to the child’s intending class. Pass mark is 70% minimum.
- The result of the assessment will be discussed with parents, before the child is placed in the appropriate class.
- Also, a formal interview of parents will be conducted to confirm the readiness of their collaboration with the school.
- Final admission of the child will thereafter be communicated to the parents in writing.
Parents are expected to signify acceptance of offer by returning the signed acceptance copy attached to the admission letter with evidence of full payment of the school fees. With this done, the child’s admission into the school is completed. At this stage, the parents will receive a school pack from the Administrative Office. The school pack will include parents’ handbook, school calendar, uniforms, recent School Newsletter, textbooks and stationeries.
N.B: Mid-Stream Admission is subject to vacancy in the intending class. The child will be required to sit for the most recent examination of the class. An overall average of 70% is required to qualify for admission.
Special Education Needs (SEN)
This unit caters for the uniqueness of children with special educational needs. Our programme also supports gifted learners who are further challenged with higher order activities to occupy and bring out the best in them, while children with learning difficulties are specially attended to through early intervention, deploying special aids and supports. These children are also helped to comfortably transit into the general classroom setting